Vice President, Transformation
With more than 2,500 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The VP, Transformation is responsible for leading key transformation projects and will provide dedicated support by facilitating business case, timeline development, managing progress to milestones, and refining benefits assumptions as necessary
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the VP of Transformation this role partners with senior management and their teams to actively manage leading indicators - challenging assumptions and identify potential impact on customers and the organization. The VP will serve as a trusted, results-oriented, transformation subject matter expert.
- Leads, organizes, directs, manages and controls inter-related program activities for transformation programs
- Executes transformation programs, setting program management routines and bring focus to the team on the activities required to deliver on planned benefits.
- Directs program activities to ensure high quality results within defined time, meeting operation standards and budget schedules. Collaborates with business leaders and executive team to develop the end-to-end approach and evaluation of transformation programs.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations to achieve operational effectiveness and expected benefits capture. Assesses and measures ongoing impact and evaluates changes to key assumptions / planned impact.
- Prioritizes projects within the program to ensuring that each project achieves its overall benefits.
- Proactively works with program teams to identify cross-functional complexities and resolve program level risks and issues.
- Resolves high-level conflicts and negotiates with stakeholders.
- Manages the identification of needed expertise and requirements based on engagement model and functional expertise. Oversees the performance management of matrixed team.
- Processes and synthesizes transformation program outputs into executive-level presentations, updates, risks, mitigations, and business recommendations.
- Identify strategic enterprise-wide initiatives aimed at driving consistency, efficiency and alignment; Define implementation road-map for strategic technology initiatives and operating model impacts with identification of near term and long-term goals/ benefits.
- Develop and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required with MBA or Masters preferred
- 10+ years’ experience combined in three or more of the following functions: strategy, project management, process improvement, change management, business analysis, or functional line management.
- Experience partnering with leaders from other practices, client partners/business development teams and orchestrating such engagements
- Must demonstrate strategic capabilities with strengths in critical thinking and innovative problem solving skills; financial and strategic.
- Proven experience in Strategic Marketing, Corporate Strategy, Portfolio Management.
- Extensive experience applying / executing project management methodologies and practices including developing a project plan, charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, including knowledge of complex project management financials.
- Expert at developing presentations, presenting and reporting on program plans and cost-benefit analysis to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Excellent in building and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- PMP Certification and experience with PPM tools preferred
- Knowledge of business practices as related to functional area (e.g., strategy, project management, lean six sigma).
- Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (within state and out of state).
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.