Vice President of Centralized National Facilities
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage, has an immediate opening for a Vice President of Centralized National Facilities in Plano, TX. This critical leadership position is responsible for oversight and management of a team of National Trade Managers and Central Support staff. This position is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the company's preventative maintenance programs and standards.
- Drive operational improvement and efficiency through business analysis and analytics
- Financial forecasting and reporting against the capital plan on a regular basis
- Develop and execute an annual capital expenditure program on existing properties for all HVAC, Elevator, Fire Systems and other centralized programs.
- Develop and maintaining significant national preventative maintenance programs.
- Recruit, mentor and develop staff inclusive of performance management and rewards systems
- Develop and manage departmental performance metrics
- Develop or improve upon standard processes and procedures to meet needs of the group & execution of annual capital plan
- Enforcement of company policies and procedures
- Lead in the development of training and support tools used in performance management, project management and facilities management
- A proven track record of leadership and ability to execute and manage with a national team of employees in a related field
- Experience using analytics and metrics to drive efficiencies and operational improvement.
- Technical ability and experience in multi-location facilities or related field management
- Experience with and knowledge of best practices for project management, construction, HVAC, elevators, signage, paving, roofing, and other property related improvement techniques
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a related facilities management position with a successful track record of success. Experience with multi- store, national programs in a retail or related platform a plus.
- Experience developing and executing strategic plan development including: key processes, best practices and tools.
- Experience with accounting, project management, purchasing procedures and budget and forecast preparation
- Ability to present information effectively and persuasively to senior management
- Strong customer service focus
- Successful experience with a heavy travel schedule
- Must be proficient in working with integrated management systems, facilities software ("Big Sky"), personal computers, in-house software and
- related equipment
- A Bachelor's Degree from a 4 year university is required and an MBA is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999682728670