Vice President, Loss Prevention
With more than 2,500 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Vice President, Loss Prevention will develop and lead the Loss Prevention and Safety strategies and team to protect the our company’s 2500+ stores, throughout the US, supported by our 5500+ employees who deliver approximately $2.5+ billion in annual revenue.
As a business leader, the VP will create and implement programs and practices that provide a safe and secure environment for Public Storage Properties, employees, and customers; and will lead the our business to minimize Total Loss. The VP, Loss Prevention with be the driver for ensuring exceptional partnership with our Operations, Real Estate, Facilities and Corporate leaders. This position reports to the Chief Administration Officer.
- Leads deployment of state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative Loss Prevention management techniques to safeguard the Public Storage’s assets
- Leads LP team in developing and implementing business strategy and security processes throughout the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in financial, physical, personal, and reputational risk
- Provide guidance to our Corporate Leadership Team, Operations, Real Estate and Facilities team ) on safety, protection, operations, technology, and practices to anticipate, address, prevent, and mitigate security and loss issues across our business.
- Develops an effective strategy to mitigate risk and protect our business in partnership with key business leaders.
- Partner with Real Estate, Facilities and Operations to ensure new and remodeled properties are provided appropriate protection measures
- Assess and analyze safety, theft, and loss risk to Public Storage and realign our business Loss Prevention strategy.
- Develop strong connections with law enforcement and government agencies.
- Provide leadership and support to our Field Management and Corporate Leadership teams in emergency situations such as natural disaster, business threats and vendor management.
- 15+ years direct experience in senior leadership in security management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement or related field
- Expertise in Loss Prevention strategy development, best practices including internal and external shrinkage controls and security systems technology.
- Experienced with security and investigative practices and procedures including use of electronic and technological resources, law enforcement information, research techniques and analytical methods.
- Exception presentation skills
- Strong analytical, communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrated success in directing and managing CCTV and related systems
- Proven experience with creating strategy and implementing systems and best practices.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced level required in Microsoft suite programs - Excel, Word
- Travel as required
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.