Vice President, Human Resources
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking for a senior HR leader with strong business acumen, big picture vision and a hands on approach to lead change in the organization through leadership, management, technical depth and customer service.
The Vice President, Human Resources will lead and execute talent strategies for our Field Operations team of 5,000 employees across the United States. Reporting to the Chief HR Office, this position will work closely with Public Storage’s Chief Operating Officer and corporate HR team, and lead our HR Directors in driving transformation while managing day-to-day operations and performance.
- Lead talent management initiatives across field operations, including workforce strategy, succession planning, organizational assessment, and talent development.
- Lead and develop field based HR professionals that specialize in employee relations and team engagement.
- Manages all aspects of Field Employee Relations and a team of seasoned HR Directors that provide support, counsel and direct managers on all employee relations issues and workplace culture.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to design and implement organizational and talent initiatives with the Corporate HR Centers of Excellence.
- Lead the implementation of the company's people strategy which includes all aspects of culture, engagement and employee experience.
- Create and implement internal development programs that drive engagement, retention and business results.
- Leverage people analytics to drive results, measure program adoption, effectiveness, and value for team members.
- Investigates, documents and responds to employee issues to ensure a resolution. Prepares reports on investigative activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Organization Development or Human Resources discipline desired. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive experience executing and leading talent, people and/or business operational initiatives.
- HR experience with multi-site and multi-state operations with a large hourly workforce.
- Experience with data, analytics, and compliance as it relates to people operations.
- A proven track record of delivering in complex multi-discipline change programs, including culture change.
- Experience with large, company-wide program implementation.
- Experience developing and managing performance management systems.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
Knowledge, Traits, Skills & Abilities
- Big picture thinker who anticipates future trends and creates competitive and creative talent strategies and plans that drive operating results and employee engagement.
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly understand business priorities, operations, and its potential.
- Leadership ability to inspire and motivate others through conviction, vision, and the aptitude to formulate and articulate direction.
- Interpret and use analytics and metrics to identify root cause and create actionable projects to help meet business goals.
- A "roll up the sleeves" mentality and desire to resolve problems in a team work environment.
- Excellent consulting skills with the ability to build trust and influence senior stakeholders to get things accomplished within a matrixed organization.
- Flexible and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing business environment
- This will be an "achiever" personality with a start-up mentality who strives to resolve issues and roadblocks and meets goals on time;
- Must be an analytical individual who questions why things are done and applies intelligence to resolve issues.
- Personal Leadership
- Communicates and works with people at all levels of management on a transparent and humble basis, and is obviously "comfortable in their own skin;"
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily.
- Ability to travel as needed, estimated up to 40% of the time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999693250182