With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is seeking an experienced Real Estate Coordinator to support our Real Estate Acquisitions team. This position will conduct thorough property acquisition due diligence and facilitate the closing process on acquisitions.
- Drafting the due diligence checklist that will be used to monitor the status of due diligence documents. Creating and maintaining database of all potential acquisition sites.
- Work as point of contact between client and Public Storage, engaging and managing all matters related to the acquisition.
- Interfacing with internal and external legal counsel to coordinate and manage legal issues surrounding the acquisition.
- Plan and prepare site visits and tenant interviews for team.
- Confirming the receipt of, ordering, and or reviewing, as the case may be, due diligence documents, including without limitation, formation and governing documents, foreign qualifications, authorizing resolutions, certificates of good standing, title commitments, flood certifications, appraisals, environmental reports, search results, and insurance certificates.
- Preparing proposals / presentations. Researching, collecting and analyzing real estate metrics (sales comps) and leasing data.
- Proactively identifying issues that could potentially delay or prevent closings, notifying the appropriate parties, and working to resolve such issues in a practical, efficient manner.
- Two or more years Banking, legal, or real estate industry. (Preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, verbal, and written skills
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in Google Pro, Docuware, Mappoint, CoStar, and/or Ebuilder a plus.
- Willingness and positivity to do what it takes
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.