Tenant Insurance Coordinator
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Tenant Insurance Coordinator will be responsible for being the primary point of contact for customers and potential customer questions regarding the Orange Door and Savvy Storage Insurance Programs. The primary function of this position is to provide the highest quality service to our customers, both internal and external.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Answers incoming customer inquiries from the hotline, email, etc.
- Provide detailed information related to coverage to storage insurance customers
- Analyze customer information from multiple systems to effectively answer customer questions & concerns
- Logs all calls and emails to create monthly reports
- Refers customer inquiries to appropriate departments for assistance as needed
- Consults with internal and external resources to resolve customer inquiries
- Updates and logs orders for tenant insurance materials for Orange Door and Savvy programs
- Participate in team meetings
- Assist with Surety Bond renewals/additions/deletions
- Assist with licensing
- Assist with integration of new owner/locations for Savvy program as needed
- Assist with lead follow up and owner/operator inquiries as needed
- Participate in monthly open items calls and meetings as needed
- Prepare and analyze reports on monthly and as needed basis
- Special projects as needed
Hourly Pay Range: $24/hour to $26/hour
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of our total awards approach to compensation which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses or incentives.
- A Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- A current and valid California Property & Casualty broker’s insurance license or must obtain within 60 days of hire
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the insurance industry and/or self-storage industry
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong follow up skills
- Results oriented
- Fosters a customer service orientation
- Proficient on Microsoft Office using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Interpersonal, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Organizational and time management skills
- Prior experience in a client facing role, building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure, meets deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Ability to deal with a diverse group of people
- Ability to be self-motivated
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: e0025963-c145-40a7-beff-80b0dbc7b7a3