Technical Support - Call Center Technician
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Call Center Technician to join our team in Glendale, CA to support our growth. The Call Center Technician will provide hardware, software and network technical support to our Call Center team.
- Perform primary and secondary support activities to complete service requests
- Respond to incoming technical support calls by troubleshooting hardware, software, and network problems.
- Respond and complete technical service requests from our Call Center team
- Image, deploy, upgrade and service workstation images and peripherals.
- Support Telecommunication services
- Support Work from Home (Remote Access, VPN, Internet Services, and WIFI services, and LAN/WAN services).
- Complete detailed reports listing requests for technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved
- Support MS Office applications used within the Association (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Manage and support Accounts (MS Active Directory, Call Center Application and Cloud Services).
- Support Microsoft Workstation (all versions)
- Actively update, maintain, and monitor all aspects of call center systems.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, upgrade, repair, maintain, and monitor performance of all VoIP systems components.
- Assist in administering Call Center reservation application and VoIP phone system.
- Provide basic technical support for various platforms including; User profiles and Policies, Domain Administration, LAN's and wide area networks respective to design, installation, certification and maintenance, performance monitoring, fine tuning and data communications.
- Diagnose system and/or equipment failures and perform corrective actions.
- Perform preliminary analysis of major systems problems and escalate the problems in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Develop and interface with vendors providing services, equipment, and supplies for call center
- Provide training/tutoring for Windows applications.
- One to three years experience in information systems and working knowledge of system administration/network administration and hardware.
- Experience in performing any combination of following duties to provide technical support to workers in information processing departments.
- Experience in the maintenance of servers, printers, desktop PC’s, disk drives, system configuration, and tape/cartridge devices.
- Experience with assisting users in resolving computer related problems, such as inoperative hardware or software.
- Individual has working knowledge of Windows XPS, Windows 95, Windows NT/2000 OS, MS Office applications; Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Windows 10, Windows Active Directory, Windows Group Policies and Profiles, Active Directory user account management, and experience with Windows Office suites.
- Working knowledge of computer networking principals including the skills to utilize network principles and concepts including network terminology, networking terminology as well as the common elements of networking such as; Protocols, Addressing, File servers, Client/Server Technologies, VoIP and Monitoring tools
- Knowledge in and experience in support for network functions such as; Email, Client/server technologies, File and Print services, DNS, WINS, DHCP, VoIP, Fax and Modem services, Host access, Internet, Cloud Services
- Strong understanding of Voice over IP technologies, maintenance and optimization
- Ability to prioritize and organize IT tickets and incoming service calls
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to develop and write systems and applications documentation and guides for users.
- Ability to provide training and user support
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.