With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking for a Tax Specialist to perform various property tax functions and administrative activities for the Property Tax Department. The position is located out of the corporate office in Glendale, CA. The Tax Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Initiate new property files for real property
- Interact with government and regulatory officials, outside auditors, tax consultants and tax personnel from other companies to gather information.
- Provides assistance with annual tax activities
- Open returns, track receipt of personal property tax returns, return preparation, and filing
- Acquire, input and pay Personal Property Tax bills
- Unclaimed Property - prepare returns, file returns, and respond to internal and external questions
- Create spreadsheets to calculate tax and prepare manual returns
- Organize , input and file Real Property Assessment notices and Appeal Related documents
- Provide general clerical duties and support for department as needed
- Work on special projects as needed
- A minimum of 1- 2 years of personal property tax
- Proficient on PC and Microsoft Suite of programs (Office, Word, Excel)
- Good attention to detail with strong follow-up skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work within a deadline-driven environment
- The ability to work independently and as a member of the team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.