Talent Acquisition Director
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Talent Acquisition Director to join our team based out of our corporate offices in Glendale, CA.
The Talent Acquisition Director will have responsibility for the management and coordination of the company’s talent acquisition strategies. This Director will report directly to Vice President of Talent Acquisition & HR Analytics. This person will be directing and managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of recruitment and selection. This position will work with all levels within the organization to build effective working relationships and promote the vision, culture and core values of Company.
- Lead and manage the recruiting team that supports over 5,500 employees
- Design and implement solutions to source and attract the highest caliber talent
- Provide direction and consultation to senior and executive management on strategic, tactical and operational issues related to all aspects of recruiting and advise the organization on emerging staffing trends
- Manage Public Storage’s Employer Brand strategy in partnership with marketing and communications
- Create an extraordinary candidate and new hire experience, in coordination with our HR and Operations team
- Build Public Storage’s talent acquisition capabilities and staffing processes to support current and future growth
- Oversee the full recruitment and selection process, managing and developing the team of professional in-house and contract recruiters
- Manage relationships with placement agencies and retained search firms
- Ensure recruiting resources are appropriately allocated to support the most critical business initiatives, and recruitment and sourcing capabilities are designed and built to meet the evolving talent needs
- Utilize and report to business leaders on recruiting data and metrics to identify trends in the market and inform key decisions and provide solutions
- Build effective relationships with industry organizations to monitor market trends, leverage key internal stakeholders to maximize effective outreach of talent within our employee’s network
- Handle recruitment for some key executive roles and critical senior positions
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8 years full-cycle recruiting experience with a strong focus on Corporate Functions (Finance, Accounting, Legal, Communications, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) and demonstrated ability to influence others while developing positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with ATS system and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet savvy
- Big picture thinker who anticipates future trends and creates competitive and creative talent strategies and plans
- Proven strategist and expertise in end-to-end recruiting, externally and internally
- Strong analytical skills, including proven ability to develop, manage and interpret metrics.
- Ability to generate and analyze metrics and hard and soft data to regularly inform the work and report to management. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Talent expert with broad and objective assessment, analytic and feedback skills
- Effective collaborator, influencer and builder of strong partnerships
- Experienced with coaching and supporting development for individuals and teams
- Personal flexibility and comfort in handling change with little notice
- Expert in balancing multiple priorities, stakeholders and work streams simultaneously
- Self-aware and connected with own personal working style and habits
- Experienced in behavioral based interviewing, pre-employment testing, and other innovative selection methods
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.