System Support Technician
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an opportunity for a System Support Technician to join our growing team in Glendale, California Corporate Headquarters.
- Responsible for providing the technical support, ongoing maintenance and support of future planning needs for the company’s corporate and field desktop environment.
- Provide technical support for the company’s corporate headquarters, comprising of various platforms including Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, LANs respective to the day to day maintenance, design, installation, performance monitoring, fine-tuning and data communications.
- Diagnose systems and equipment failures and perform corrective actions to resolve any issues.
- Perform preliminary analysis of major systems problems and escalate the problems in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Respond to the IT Service Desk and support incident resolution.
- Assist corporate users with technical questions and light training.
- Consult with IT teams and various departments to make sure projects are in line with the company’s IT strategies and plans.
- Collaborate with existing vendors to evaluate the new technologies that come available and make recommendations to management on possible improvements using these technologies.
- Install and maintain updates for new software and hardware.
- Monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Corporate Desktop Support running Windows 10, Windows 7, Microsoft Office and general knowledge of Networking.
- General knowledge and exposure to Windows Server Operating Systems and Active Directory, Windows Group Policies, Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange 2016, Microsoft Office Suite and user account management.
- Working knowledge of computer and networking principles, including the skills to utilize those principles and concepts, including the common elements of networking that include SMTP, Client/Server technologies, File and Print services, remote VPN Access, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VoIP, Network Access and internet Protocols, Client/Server Technologies, VoIP and Monitoring tools.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Must be Customer Service oriented and show an ability to take ownership of an issue.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.