Stock Plan Administrator
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Stock Plan Administrator will join Public Storage’s Investor Services team to administer and manage all aspects of the company’s equity compensation plan including transactions, record keeping, reconciliation and reporting. Reporting to the Senior Vice President Controller, the Stock Plan Administrator will work cross-functionally with Human Resources and Legal along with the Financial Reporting team to ensure timely and accurate equity compensation plan administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer the equity compensation plan, consisting primarily of restricted stock units and equity options, to ensure timely and accurate execution on a daily basis
- Partner closely with human resources, payroll, legal, accounting and financial reporting teams; as well as our stock transfer agent and stock administration service provider (Charles Schwab)
- Provide a superior level of customer service to employees, executive management and others; support employee understanding of equity awards
- Prepare and process new awards, exercises, expirations, terminations, tax withholdings and other plan-related actions
- Maintain accurate and complete plan record keeping using Charles Schwab EquiView platform while ensuring ongoing quality control
- Review equity grants to ensure they are granted in accordance with Equity Plan documents
- Coordinate with Legal on insider trading windows and Section 16 trading restrictions
- Prepare reports and reconciliations to assist in the review of equity and transaction data for public reporting, and to support compensation reviews and grant planning
- Conduct analysis and prepare reports as requested by internal teams, including Executive Management and the Board of Trustees
- Ensure SOX compliance with respect to reporting and documentation and maintain supporting documentation for internal and external auditors and respond accurately, thoroughly and timely to requests for data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
- 6+ years of experience in stock plan administration for a publicly traded company
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and customer-focused approach
- Ability to organize and analyze financial data on a quick turnaround time
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Advanced in Microsoft Office - Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with navigating in Charles Schwab and EquiView
- Knowledge of inside trading rules and proficient in Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4 and 5)
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.