Stock Plan Administrator
With more than 2,500 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Stock Plan Administrator will join Public Storage’s Investor Services team to administer all aspects of the company’s equity compensation plan including transactions, record keeping, and reconciliation and reporting. Reporting to the Vice President of Investor Relations, the Stock Plan Administrator will work cross-functionally with Human Resources, Legal, Accounting, Financial Reporting and other teams to ensure timely and accurate equity compensation plan administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Administer the equity compensation plan, consisting primarily of restricted stock units and equity options, to ensure timely and accurate execution on a daily basis
- Work with various internal teams (e.g., Human Resources), Charles Schwab (stock plan service provider) and the transfer agent on recurring and ad-hoc responsibilities
- Prepare and process new awards, exercises, expirations, terminations, tax withholdings and other plan-related actions
- Maintain accurate plan record keeping while ensuring ongoing quality control
- Coordinate with Legal on insider trading windows and Section 16 trading restrictions
- Assist in public reporting through SEC filings that include proxy statements, quarterly and annual reports, and Section 16 reporting (e.g., Forms 3,4,5)
- Conduct analysis and prepare reports as requested by internal teams, including Executive Management and the Board of Trustees
- Provide education support for employees and act as the primary contact for plan questions
- Ensure SOX compliance with respect to reporting and documentation
- Additional responsibilities within the Investor Services team based on employee ability and company need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
- 2+ years of experience in stock plan administration for a publicly traded company
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation is a plus
- Advanced in Microsoft Office - Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with navigating in Charles Schwab and EquiView
- Knowledge of inside trading rules and proficient in Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4 and 5)
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation
- Ability to organize and analyze financial data on a quick turnaround time
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.