Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team at our Corporate Headquarters in Glendale, CA.
- Monitoring and reconciling data interfaces from various external computer databases into the accounting system, JD Edwards
- Performing data integrity checks within the JD Edwards Database
- Trouble-shooting errors and brainstorming for solutions on automated processes
- Generating ad-hoc data extracts from accounting system using Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Data extract from PS Data Warehouse using Pyramid Analytics BI reporting tool
- Monthly general accounting duties including expense allocations, journal entries, funds transfers and account analyses
- Assist with special projects including testing of software upgrades and implementations.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business with emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- Minor in Information Technology strongly preferred
- A minimum of five years work experience in accounting
- Understanding accounting implications of the automated processes
- Strong knowledge of databases and relationship between tables
- Experience working with JD Edwards Accounting System or equivalent ERP
- Proficient in Microsoft Access, Excel and Word
- Exposure to SQL Query Analyzer, a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and organized
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to adapt and function well within a highly dynamic environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.