Sr Manager, Property Tax Appeals
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking for a Sr Manager of Property Tax Appeals to manage all of Public Storage’s entities for Property Tax Valuations and Appeals across the United States.
- Advise senior-management regarding property tax appeals, expense, budgets, and current issues.
- Manage all of the external property tax consultants who contest and appeal real property assessments on behalf of Public Storage.
- Develop and prepare annual property tax budgets for all Public Storage properties.
- Respond to information request from tax assessors for all Public Storage properties.
- Maintain appeal and assessment records in Appeals Management System and OneSource property tax system.
- Ensure that all new and/or acquired properties are set up in internal appeals tracking system
- Review and file annual request to maintain property tax abatements/exemptions
- Prepare property tax projections for Public Storage Acquisition and Construction groups.
- Lead & manage direct reports and consultants
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with accounting and property valuation experience required
- Knowledge of Property Tax appeals process with at least 5+ years of experience in business process improvements, stakeholder management, people practices/management
- Proven leadership and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent problem solving analytical skills, high attention to detail and critical thinking
- Skilled in Microsoft office suite which includes, Office Excel, Word and Access
- Excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.