Sr Manager, Financial & Operations Analytics
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Financial and Operations Analytics to join our team in Glendale, CA. We are looking for a leader who understands how to drive value and has a balance of technical and business acumen. The right candidate will be also need to demonstrate strength in process improvement with a strong grasp on how to leverage technology.
The Senior Manager of Financial and Operations Analytics will be responsible for all of the financial and operational analysis for the CFO of Operations. This analysis will support day to day management decisions, as well strategic initiatives and will help set the course of the company over the next 5 years.
Potential for significant upward progression through the company for the right candidate.
- Evaluate historical and projected financial results including both financial and operational metrics and provide recommended courses of action.
- Perform financial analysis for Regions and Divisions to enable better decision making for the field teams.
- Partner closely with Divisional Operations leaders to accurately forecast performance on a monthly basis.
- Regularly improve existing analytical methods
- Leverage technology to drive finance deliverables.
- Developing ad-hoc/new analytical methods tailored to unique operational circumstances that arise, in a repeatable manner that can be delegated.
- Identify areas for process improvement and standardization of finance deliverables
- Partner and collaborate with the leaders of our functional areas such as HR/Legal/IT/Accounting.
- Lead, manage and mentor direct reports.
- 7+ years of financial analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university in Finance or related area required
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvement and standardization.
- Demonstrated ability using analysis in a problem-solving manner rather than just as a caretaker, by developing new analysis and improving existing analytical methods.
- Advanced excel and other financial tool skills.
- Strong ability to adapt to different audiences, influence directly and indirectly; and communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally, with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to make recommendations, gain buy-in and lead projects to improve the processes and efficiencies of a business team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.