Sr Manager - Content & SEO
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Content and SEO leader to join a cutting-edge digital marketing team that acquires most of our customers.
In this role, you will lead content and SEO strategy for a website that attracts more than a million users a month. Join as a key member of a small and dedicated marketing team and contribute to double-digit acquisition growth at an S&P 500 company open to new ideas. Work with social, Google Maps and analyst experts, taking turns as the lead depending on the project. Collaborate with our agency of record.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Write and edit unique, quality content to help PublicStorage.com rank on the first page of Google for target keywords in a highly competitive industry.
- Attract and manage talented freelancers when needed.
- Lead content strategy for our core conversion pages including our 2,800 storage location pages that are our bread and butter.
- Focus on a short list of core keywords and phrases that drive the highest traffic volume and align best with consumers, while also remaining aware of opportunities for more.
- Run A/B tests to continually optimize headlines, title tags and meta descriptions across location pages and more.
- Establish Public Storage as a trusted resource by writing engaging, fun content for our blog pages that can help consumers improve their spaces (and their lives!) with better organization, storage and more.
- Work with employees on company profiles about the location manager that sings opera, for example, the Public Storage that used to be a movie studio, and more.
- Write about new locations, highlighting what’s special about the surrounding town.
- Partner across the business to syndicate articles via email, social media, and among our team members.
- Take your own photos to complement articles and help us rank better on Google and other engines.
- In addition to long-form content, lead continual A/B testing and optimization of headlines, title tags and meta descriptions that play a key role in our online presence and success.
- Pivot away from content types that don’t drive impressions or clicks to optimize ROI.
- Use Google Analytics, Search Console and third party tools such as Similarweb, SEMRush and the like to strategize as well as measure success and content’s contributions.
- Work with legal and executives to ensure our messages are in line with our goals.
- Be willing and able to work on or lead additional projects that come up
- Minimum five years related work experience in website SEO optimization and writing content in a fast-paced environment. Work writing and editing at a daily news publication a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to use Google Analytics, Search Console and the like to optimize content strategy and measure success.
- Demonstrated ability to run A/B content tests on headlines, title tags and meta descriptions.
- Ability to clearly articulate your thoughts and present results to executives.
- Ideally, familiar with GMB data and an understanding of how to use it to demonstrate results.
- Ability and willingness to take high-quality photos on a regular basis to complement blog articles as well as a willingness to source photos from others.
- Experience working with agencies.
- Ability and willingness to interview both c-level execs and entry-level store managers.
- Advanced understanding of SEO and content’s role.
- Familiar with AP Style.
- A passion for grammar and accuracy. Must love verbs.
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.