Sr Manager, Analytics
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Sr Manager, Analytics to join our team in Glendale, CA.
- Acquire, organize and aggregate data from various sources to construct a full and accurate assessment to organizational leaders
- Identifying data quality or data integrity issues and proposing actionable solutions.
- Connect ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations, using creative, structured, and analytical thinking and use data visualization to help communicate ideas.
- Create data, business and operating models
- Create reporting metrics, dashboards, and analytics to monitor, analyze progress, and effectively deliver assessment and results to organizational leaders.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design and build analytics and reporting tools that are instrumental to constantly improving the business
- Provide insights to the leadership team on impact of strategic initiatives on key metrics and help them track progress towards goals
- Identify opportunities for developing new data sources, and provide technical leadership around making those data sources high-quality and broadly available
- Participate in evaluations and assessments designed to identify and define issues, review and analyze data, and evaluate/document best practices.
- Maintain a culture of high-quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to unexpected obstacles and reallocate resources as necessary
- Champion data-driven decision-making in your team and throughout the company, including coaching and mentoring others on best practices
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in the area of Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, I/O Psychology, Human Resources, Marketing Research, Behavioral Economics, or equivalent preferred.
- 7+ years of experience with data analysis, advanced analytics, measurement and optimization.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with a data visualization tools. Tableau preferred.
- 1+ years of experience working with HR/organizational people data (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, diversity, equity, inclusion, decision science, personality/individual differences, hiring assessment validation, job analysis, and/or longitudinal analysis research and other people analytics)
- Experience with analytics tools (e.g., R/R Studio, SPSS, SAS) required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of data warehouse design, data structure and data mining.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze, deduce, and present information.
- Fluency in data analysis, including defining KPIs, statistical and predictive modeling concepts, descriptive statistics and experimental design
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of SQL Server stack (SSMS, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS) preferred
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to new project initiatives or changing business requirements.
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking skills required.
- Ability to explain complex data models to a non-technical audience. Exceptional communication skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of business goals and constraints.
- Ability to discern when a question requires reporting on data vs. statistical analysis
- Strong understanding of ecosystems, historical behaviors, and long-term trends
- Ability to grasp and implement new or cutting-edge concepts and technologies quickly.
- Excellent consulting, client management, and project management skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999693833689