Sr Financial Analyst
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst with strong analytical skills, business acumen and modeling skills to join our operations finance team in Glendale, CA.
- Responsible for transforming raw data into digestible reports and actionable insights
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets
- General Ledger expense analysis and reporting
- Analyzes operating results and create reporting for monthly P&L
- Assist with payroll budgeting and variance reporting
- Assist with operational compliance process and reporting
- Evaluate historical and projected financial results including both financial and operational metrics and provide recommended courses of action.
- Perform financial analysis for Regions and Divisions to enable better decision making for the field teams
- 3+ years of financial analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university in Finance or related area required
- Experience using Microsoft Excel including: VBA, database connections, pivot tables, vlookups, if statements, etc.
- Experience with SQL and Business Intelligence and Analytics platforms
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvement and standardization.
- Demonstrated ability using analysis in a problem-solving manner rather than just as a caretaker, by developing new analysis and improving existing analytical methods.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and self-review essential to make sure analysis is ‘right first time and on-time’
- Self-starter with high intellectual curiosity and ability to multi-task/meet strict reporting timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.