Sr Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be part of the corporate finance team at Public Storage. He/she will play a pivotal role in supporting enterprise-wide planning and forecasting efforts and delivering key financial analyses and business analytics. Position requires person to be a self-starter, have strong communication skills, and provide sound financial recommendations based on accurate analyses.
- Assist in enterprise-wide annual planning and QTR forecasting/reporting efforts
- Review/analyze variances against plan/prior year, focusing on key material drivers
- Consolidate enterprise P&Ls across various functions and improve forecast accuracy
- Partner with budgets owners, helping leaders to manage and build accurate forecasts
- Design and maintain reports and dashboards on various financial/business KPIs with an emphasis on identifying outliers and providing transparency/accountability
- Execute time-sensitive ad hoc projects and financial pro-forma, e.g., what-if scenarios, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Proactively identify and drive process improvements and standardization
- 3+ years of experience in Corporate Finance/ financial planning & analysis
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills, an ability to interpret financial data and financial statements, key financial ratios, ROI models and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Excel
- Experience with business intelligence/analytics (e.g., SQL, Tableau, etc.)
- Highly motivated, organized person with the ability to learn and work independently and collaboratively
- Strong work ethic and ability to support multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.