Sr Database Administrator
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Senior Database Administrator engages directly with Information Technology and Business stakeholders to ensure the on-time and successful delivery of database services to the organization and development team as defined by the Information Technology Department’s Service Level Agreement.
- This individual must function in a fast paced environment, be adaptable to the many changing processes and technology related to the various database environments.
- Responsible for working directly with the development team to deploy changes to the various staging and production environments, making sure that Change Requests meet the stated guidelines and requirements as defined by the company’s policy and procedures for Change Management.
- Apply service packs/hotfixes to SQL server as needed.
- Responsible for providing operational database services to the organization.
- Responsible for owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents and requests.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues, monitoring and identifying database performance issues, deploying releases to staging and production environments as requested through the change management framework.
- Works closely with the development team as part of the change management process.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems, or Microsoft Certification in Database Administration or comparable experience preferred.
- 5+ years' experience working in a fast paced mid-size + database environment with various versions of SQL Server.
- Experience in administering a Microsoft SQL Server Database as a Production/Operational Database Administrator, in a mid-size environment (approximately 60 servers with various SQL versions including SQL Server 2016) on the Microsoft Windows platform.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using either native (SQL Profiler) or 3rd party tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations for various types of hardware technology.
- Experience with installing and supporting a scaled out Reporting Services environment (SSRS).
- Experience with developing data flow processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot under pressure.
- Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.