Sr Data Scientist
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data & Analytics practice in Glendale, CA.
The senior Data Scientist will have demonstrated his/her technical skills to lead the design and deployment of data science solutions that balance SOTA with team productivity, model reproducibility as well as support experimentation at scale, with a positive-focused, yet relentless goal for continuous improvement.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills to convey ideas, problems and solutions
- Able to establish trust and confidence as the data science team lead, up, across and down the organization as needed.
- Responsible for designing team processes and applying design patterns that apply statistical and model rigor
- Balance design choices with calculated trade-offs and revisit proactively
- SME on algorithms and designs code that can be refactored easily by a data engineers
- Builds repo and maintains a library of models that can be applied/refactored on similar design patterns
- Expert in both unstructured and structured data set ingestion and classification, regression, deep learning etc.
- Mentors and trains teams in new techniques and pushes boundaries of existing technology to deliver enterprise value
- Owns the Confluence knowledge repository and GitHub model repo
- Refresh, troubleshoot and update models as needed.
- Thought leader on how to converge available data, transfer learning from other projects and test new algorithms that optimize across large, ambiguous data sets
- People leader
- Bachelors/Masters in STEM fields such as physics, social/economics, or business with a strong technical acumen required
- Masters in Comp Science + 4 years of experience or PhD STEM degree preferred
- Alternative to education, 6+ years of experience as contributor/leader
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal communication skills: ability to effectively communicate cross functionally; experience as a DS team lead or department head of data science
- Strong command of applied math (linear/matrix functions) with deep learning theory and practice; Both frequentist or Bayesian welcome
- Proficiency with programming and scripting languages: Python/R, SQL and C#/++
- Experience with analytic frameworks and open source libraries
- Passionate about thinking through problems and solving them
- Realistic view of AI and understanding of how to use deep learning in real-world situations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.