Sr. Analyst, IT Risk and Compliance
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Senior Analyst, IT Risk and Compliance will partner with the Information Security and Risk and Compliance teams to ensure appropriate controls are implemented and maintained across all Information Technology (IT) functions for Public Storage.
Establish and performs compliance practices and ensures technology related processes are followed. Develops new practices to ensure compliance within a dynamic control environment. In partnership with IT, Audit and Legal teams, the Senior Analyst, IT Risk and Compliance will work on key compliance initiatives to support business operations. Perform efforts focused on effectiveness of IT control design and operations. Provides direct support for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), System and Organization Controls (SOC) and other emerging risk areas. Relying on strong interpersonal and technical skills, will help reduce risk and maintain compliance across numerous areas for the business.
- Performance of Governance, Risk and Compliance function within IT
- Performs the internal and external audit function and tracking for IT related processes.
- Establishes and maintains controls documentation with business partners and system owners to support IT compliance requirements.
- Assists IT leadership with identification of key IT risks and quantification of potential impact to the business.
- Assesses the adequacy of controls and assist in the design of tailored solutions to help optimize IT controls.
- Manage recurring and non-recurring control assurance and advisory assignments
- Establish project plans, manage fieldwork, develop deliverables for various audit cycles.
- Improves the overall effectiveness and efficiency of IT Controls over time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 5+ years’ work experience in IT with direct experience in legal and compliance related operations required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the processes in use as they relate to compliance and legal support required.
- Relevant industry certification (i.e., CISA, CISM, CRISC, or CISSP) Experience with Cloud and Agile
- Prior background in IT outside of Audit
- Prior performance of IT Audit or Compliance activities
- Internal/External IT Audit experience within the last 2 years (SOX, SOC 1 and/or SOC2)
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, verbal, and written skills
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Willingness and positivity to do what it takes
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.