Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,900 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Software Engineer engages directly with IT development, technical delivery teams, enterprise architects, resource managers, operations support teams and vendors to ensure the successful design, development and delivery of technology based solutions including a specialization in internal and consumer-facing web solutions, and front-end development.
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies, software, hardware and tools.
- Responsible for solving technical and complex problems; go-to person for UI related technical issues
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with associates to determine best solutions
- Develops/designs integrated solutions to resolve technical issues
- Establishes successful working and support relationships with cross-functional leaders and staff as well as third party vendors
- Required .Net web development and expected to provide application support.
Base Pay Range: $104,000 - $115,000
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of our total awards approach to compensation which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses or incentives.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer
- Strong client-side and server side development using C# and ASP.net or .NET Core
- Strong skills at profiling application both on server-side and client-side
- Able to work in a team environment and focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Understands technical solutions and business impact of the solution
- Ability to work in a Lean-Agile environment
- Knows how to diplomatically present a challenging position; is able to positively influence others without resorting to authority
- Must have excellent background and understanding of HTML5, CSS3, Kendo, node.js as well as Web Sockets
- Experience with front end frameworks such as Bootstrap, react.js
- Single Page Application/JS Templating/Client side MVC
- Experienced in .NET framework development. i.e. .NET MVC, .NET Core, web API
- Application development using MVVM, MVC, Restful WebAPI services, WCF, SOLID principles, OOPs, Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control (IoC), Multi-threading.
- Optional experience with some common front-end development tools such as NPM, SASS and LESS
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.