Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a dynamic Software Engineer to join our IT team. The Software Engineer engages directly with IT development teams, technical delivery teams, enterprise architects and vendors to ensure the successful design, development and delivery of technology based solutions including a specialization in consumer-facing web solutions, and front-end development. This individual will be a key asset in the software change and release management processes, assisting with the overall maturity of the software development lifecycle.
- Develop/design integrated solutions and able to independently research new technologies
- Delivers a higher quality and quantity of work on time
- Solves highly technical and complex incidents/ business problems and/or drives efforts to resolve incidents
- Drives on-time, high quality software development deliverables to multiple environments including operations engagement and production release, while working with cross-functional teams.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC, .NET CORE and/or C#, REST and SQL database
- Working knowledge of HTTP and WebSocket protocols
- Experience working with Kendo frameworks highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to interact with JSON API responses inside of frontend components
- Knowledge of SOA based architecture including the development of web services
- Ability to work independently or in a small groups, be an excellent team player
- Proven ability to deliver software deliverables on time
- Familiarity with, and demonstrated understanding of, the general enterprise business and technical architectures
- Excellent communication skills and participates actively in team meetings discussions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.