Social Media Specialist
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Social Media Specialist to join our growing Social Media team in Glendale, CA.
- Liaise between internal teams, client teams, outside agencies, and vendors.
- Coordinate meetings, communications, and scheduling
- Assist in ideation and development of quarterly and monthly content calendars, inclusive of holidays, campaigns, and evergreen initiatives.
- Monitor social platforms, tools, and applications.
- Manage communities and monitor conversations with responses and escalations.
- Identify upcoming trends and real-time opportunities by remaining up-to-date on social trends and updates.
- Keep track and report on competitive and best-in-class social media campaigns.
- Assist in community management and moderation, paid media campaigns, tracking and analyzing data, and social listening.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- 1-2 years of marketing experience (social media preferred)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly identify and adapt to new changes in social media platforms and capabilities.
- Extremely resourceful, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to take direction, problem-solve, and manage multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic.
- Passion for marketing, advertising, trends, and culture.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding collaborator, positive and patient.
Must live within a commutable distance to our Glendale, CA corporate office.
When applying, please include links to your portfolio or samples of social media projects.