Senior Systems Administrator
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Senior IT Systems Administrator to join our team in Glendale, CA. The Senior IT Systems Administrator will engage directly with Information Technology and Business stakeholders to ensure secure, reliable, scalable, high-performing computing platform services to the organization.
They will work in a fast-paced environment and must be adaptable to the many changing processes and technologies related to the various IT systems.
- Provide operational systems support and maintenance to the organizations Systems Infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and resolve operating systems and hardware related issues.
- Design, plan and maintain different storage platforms across the enterprise using a mix of SAN and cloud-based technologies.
- Work directly with other production support and development teams to design, build and maintain all server, storage, virtualization and backup environments.
- Work with other production support teams to implement changes to production environment.
- Maintain Windows Updates, Security Vulnerabilities and Patch management processes.
- Own, track, and resolve server, storage and backup related incidents and requests.
- Manage and maintain Tape and Cloud backup technology solution.
- Ensure change requests meet the stated guidelines and requirements as defined by the company’s policy and procedures for Change Management.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems, or Microsoft Certification in Windows Administration or comparable work experience preferred.
- 5+ years' experience working in a fast paced mid-size environment with various versions of Windows Server and IT Enterprise Technologies.
- Experience in administering a Microsoft Windows Servers as a Production/Operational Systems Administrator, in a mid-size environment (approximately 500 servers with various Windows based operating systems.
- Experience working with Windows Server OS, Active Directory, Exchange 2016, VMWare, some Linux, storage systems configurations for various types of hardware technology.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving various OS Systems and Hardware problems.
- Experience in design, planning and maintaining different storage platforms across the enterprise using a mix of SAN and cloud-based technologies.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Windows server in support of various application systems and database technologies.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot under pressure.
**This job requires work to be done outside of normal working hours including occasionally weeknights and weekends.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999699335976