Senior Project Manager
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking for a Senior Project Manager with experience managing multiple mid-level to large enterprise cross-functional projects, to join our corporate team in Glendale, CA. The Senior Project Manager will lead projects in a matrix environment and manage all aspects of the project life cycle
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Presenting complex data/concepts in a simplified, understandable, and meaningful way.
- Being accountable for the collection and validation of business requirements
- Preparing project charters and developing detailed project plans including detailed scope statements, schedules/milestones, budget estimates and baselines, resource plans, and success criteria.
- Establishing project communications and monitoring and control mechanisms to ensure status and issues are reported to business leads, executive sponsors, and senior management on a timely basis
- Understanding the scope of complexities within a project
- Matching appropriate project management methods
- Managing day to day project activities and ensuring deliverables are met, risks are identified and assessed, and issues are prioritized, managed and resolved.
- Identifying, allocating and managing project resources
- Composing a project budget when needed and applicable
- Planning and executing project post implementation reviews
- 5+ years of project management experience required
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise project management.
- Bachelor's degree in related field OR equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in project management software, techniques and tools such as MS Project
- Advanced knowledge and experience with with Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Decisive decision maker with strong organizational, critical thinking and strategic planning skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with enterprise project management.
- Business Process Management experience
- PMI or other project management certification preferred
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to solicit participation and input from others
- Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Understanding of SQL, data warehousing, and data science.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999688995358