Senior Network Administrator
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Give detailed description of tasks that employee will perform including assignments, responsibilities, supervision, etc.
Assist in the development and maintenance of network communications. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Test and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
Under general supervision, design voice and data communication systems, supervise installation of these systems, and provide maintenance and service to clients after installation. Support and assist in day-to-day operations and administration of networks, security systems and Windows environment. Define and document user requirements, design/recommend network solutions, and coordinate their implementation. Perform activities to complete service requests and resolve problems as directed including hardware and software installations and respond to user support requests.
- Assist in managing the corporate network infrastructure.
- Assist in administering and maintaining the Company’s Wide Area Network and DR Site.
- Administer and maintain VoIP telephone systems.
- Administer and maintain Third Party and Cloud Services.
- Administer and maintain security systems.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, upgrade, and monitor performance of network components.
- Supports network and related hardware, software and infrastructure such as servers, printers, hubs, switches and routers.
- Create network user and/or object accounts
- Secure and monitor network following established policies and procedures
- Assist in the development and maintenance of network documentation
- Resolve and escalate network problems
- Establish connectivity to new nodes
- Support network functions, including applying patches, installing operating system revisions, maintaining, repairing, upgrading hardware and generating reports.
- Performing testing of applications in various stages of development.
- Provide end user support.
Employee must have knowledge of the following hardware/software:
- Required a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
- Cisco CCNA or higher
- Understands the issues involved with administering and maintaining a multi-site corporate infrastructure (LAN/WAN-DR)
- Broad knowledge of network devices and firewalls. (Cisco, Netscreen, Juniper, Symantec, Blue Coat, Alertlogic).
- Experience with technologies: IP routing, DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Wifi, MDM.
- Understanding of best practices in network architecture, security design and ability to create detailed documentation and procedures.
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.