Senior Manager, Physical Security
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Physical Security to join our Loss Prevention team.
- Develop and maintaining an enterprise wide database of physical security and surveillance capabilities of each property, while consistently assessing locations for new buildouts or system upgrades based on current equipment and functionality.
- Directly engages security vendors while remaining informed on emerging technology and protective measures. This would include sourcing vendors for the RFP process and offering subject matter expert advice during the internal vetting stages.
- Management of security projects from the initial planning and design stages to execution of the build out by third party vendors to the implementation of the systems at the properties. This would also include collaboration with internal business partners in Construction and Facilities while contributing to capital proposals and ensuring that projects are managed to budget.
- System administrator for camera surveillance platform. Responsibilities to include user access management and training, video storage maintenance and system analytics and alert management. Will also work in direct collaboration with IT while ensuring network integrity and consistent remote connectivity of property camera systems.
- System administrator for burglar alarm monitoring systems. Responsibilities to include the setting and maintaining of security privileges, system test and maintenance scheduling and system upgrade proposals.
- Identifies and tests new physical security hardware to improve property physical security and building fortification. This would include collaboration with vendors to determine appropriate hardware for specific business security challenges and providing input and guidance to internal Operations and Facilities partners on physical solutions while improving the property security standards.
- Responsible for directly managing pilot projects of new security technology and initiatives while measuring effectiveness and preparing presentations and reports to demonstrate results.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in working in a loss prevention or security environment
- while functioning as an end-user of security systems in a multi-location environment.
- * Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement or related field, or previous work history equivalent.
- Proven experience with managing security technology and physical security projects, including new installations and the upgrading of existing systems and equipment.
- Expertise in CCTV system installation and configuration, including hands on experience with transitioning analog camera systems into IP based camera systems.
- Experience as an organizational administrator for burglar alarm and fire alarm monitoring systems while managing ongoing maintenance scheduling.
- Strong track record of collaboration with security technology integrators while sourcing innovative solutions to address a variety of security exposures and vulnerabilities.
- Ability to leverage analytical reporting and site assessments to make risk based recommendations on security enhancements.
- Advanced level required in Microsoft suite programs - Excel, Word
- Experience in managing the CCTV platform in a security operations center or remote monitoring operation preferred.
- Travel up 50% to 75% based on project scheduling.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines