Senior Manager, Loss Prevention Central Monitoring
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Loss Prevention Central Monitoring to join our Loss Prevention team.
- Direct management of the company’s Central Monitoring Center, operating around the clock daily. This includes supervision of the Central Monitoring Team while driving the program of remotely monitoring properties via the company’s networked camera surveillance platform.
- Manage the company’s incident response program, while remotely addressing external threats, including trespassing, burglaries, robberies and workplace violence. This includes providing security related guidance and direction to onsite field operators while coordinating with law enforcement on response and investigation.
- Lead a team while leveraging data analytics to conduct targeted investigations into various threats to company and customer assets. Responsibility includes managing the dedicated remote surveillance of high threat locations in support of ongoing investigations; the gathering and securing of evidence, specifically digital video footage, incident details and the identification of persons involved; the preparation of investigative case files and incident reports; and collaboration with law enforcement while pursuing criminal prosecution for perpetrators of criminal activity against the company and its customers.
- Direct oversight of the loss prevention remote auditing program. This would include remote audits conducted via the networked camera platform into property access controls, physical security standards, safety standards and camera surveillance ability.
- Manage the company’s Security Central Command Center, maintaining consistently open lines of communication while providing guidance and direction to all field security personnel, including contract guard and police officer services.
- Production of digital video clips to be communicated to various business partners in Operations, Facilities, Risk Management, Human Resources and Legal as needed to support remote review of property standards and incidents.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in managing loss prevention teams in a multi-location environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement or related field, or work history equivalent.
- Expertise in leading and conducting investigations into external theft, internal theft and fraud in a remote access setting, while leveraging technological resources and law enforcement partnerships.
- Strong analytical skills, and well versed in using a data driven approach to achieving results.
- Proven experience with creating strategy and implementing systems and best practices.
- Experience in interviewing and interrogation techniques.
- Advanced level required in Microsoft suite programs - Excel, Word
- Experience managing a security operations center or remote monitoring operation preferred.
- Travel as required
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.