Senior Manager, Investor Services
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Manager, Investor Services to join our team in Glendale, CA.
In conjunction with the Vice President of Investor Relations, the Sr. Manager, Investor Services will oversee the Investor Services team in support of Public Storage’s broader external and internal stakeholder efforts. The role will work with key constituents in administering these efforts, which include supporting retail shareholders and limited partners, collaborating on company filings, communications and distributions, assisting capital markets issuance and redemptions, and additional responsibilities that will afford broad exposure to Public Storage’s best-in-class operations.
- Oversee Investor Services team in administering Public Storage’s stakeholder efforts
- Lead relationships with retail shareholders through inquiry support including company filings, ownership levels, tax bases, ownership transfers, and Forms 1099
- Lead limited partnership administration through inquiry support and general research, distributions, tax statement preparation, consent solicitation, and tender offers
- Coordinate recurring and special communications through company news releases, including distribution to key internal personnel
- Collaborate with finance, accounting, and legal teams on executing quarterly distributions, security issuance, and security redemption (primarily debt, preferred equity, and common equity)
- Prepare non-financial-reporting aspects of Annual Reports, organize Annual Shareholder meetings, and assist in preparation of Annual Proxy Statements
- Manage key external relationships including the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), The Depository Trust Company, transfer agents, financial printer, and news release provider
- Manage administrative aspects of Investor Services team, including contracts, invoices, and oversight of company’s Investor Relations website
- Execute recurring and special projects for internal parties including the executive team, Board of Trustees, and other key constituents
- 5+ years of experience in an investor services (as described above) and/or finance/accounting related function
- 3+ years management experience with demonstrated success in a leadership role
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, editing, and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated, organized person with the ability to learn and work independently and collaboratively
- Strong work ethic and ability to support multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Strength of character and flexible style to work successfully with a range of people (from staff to executives) with the personal presence to deal effectively with these constituencies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.