Senior Financial Analyst
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are seeking a motivated, high potential Senior Financial Analyst to join our Corporate Finance team in Glendale, CA.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a pivotal role in supporting enterprise-wide planning, developing quarterly outlooks, and delivering key financial analyses and business analytics. This role will work closely with corporate and operational leaders across the company to analyze, report, and support the company’s financial performance and its strategies.
Position requires the individual to be a self-starter, have strong communication skills, and provide sound financial recommendations based on accurate analyses.
- Support enterprise-wide planning by developing budgets and consolidating inputs from leaders across the organization
- Aid quarterly earnings activity by preparing executive level presentations and analyses to support guidance ranges
- Execute time-sensitive ad-hoc projects and financial pro-forma, e.g., what-if scenarios, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Design and maintain reports and dashboards on various financial and business KPIs with an emphasis on identifying outliers
- Analyze and review variances against plan and prior year performance, focusing on key drivers
- Drive process improvement efforts through automation and standardization
- 3+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, investment banking, and/or private equity
- Expertise in building complex Excel models and strong proficiency in creating executive level PowerPoint presentations
- Strong understanding of financial statements and key financial performance metrics
- Experience with business intelligence and analytic tools (e.g., Tableau, SQL, etc.)
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively collaborate with leaders and key stakeholders across all levels
- Highly motivated with outstanding analytical and organizational skill
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment while managing multiple priorities and shifting deadlines
- Must have a high level of intellectual curiosity and strong desire to play an active role in broader business initiatives
- Experience in real estate (particularly with real estate investment trusts) a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.