Senior Data Warehouse Support Engineer
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Data Warehouse Support Engineer based out of our Glendale, California Corporate Headquarters. The Senior Data Warehouse Support Engineer engages directly with Information Technology and Business stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely delivery of data warehouse, analytic and reporting services to the organization and development team as defined by the Information Technology Department’s Service Level Agreement.
This individual must function in a fast-paced environment, be adaptable to the many changing processes and technology related to the various data warehouse environments. Will be responsible for working directly with the development team to deploy changes to the various staging and production environments, making sure that Change Requests meet the stated guidelines and requirements as defined by the company’s policy and procedures for Change Management.
- Provide expert level support for all Public Storage enterprise data warehouse environments
- Develop and modify reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Create ad hoc reports when required.
- Deployment of production cubes and ETL processes.
- Assist in analyzing data for accuracy and consistency, working closely with the business users and developers.
- Support end-users with third-party reporting tools.
- Understand and implement data requirements as requested by end-users.
- Troubleshoot and resolve ETL processes
- Work with developers and other team members to deploy changes into production.
- Experience with supporting a scaled-out Reporting Services environment (SSRS).
- Experience with developing data flow processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot under pressure.
Application Support Functions:
- Partner with other departments and teams to ensure accurate data needed for related cubes and reports
- Run ad-hoc reports and queries as reporting needs arise and analyze data for accuracy/consistency.
- Manage the change and processes with respect to proposed or currently installed data warehouse environment and assist user testing across Company's production, test, and development environments.
- Monitor error logs, system usage and usage trends and report issues to the client and identify/correct anomalies when discovered.
- Monitor automated processes for specified systems and take action as appropriate to resolve any issues.
- Investigate and analyzes information to draw conclusions as well as make recommendations for possible process improvement.
- Keep track of open Service Desk tickets pertaining to the specific systems and follow through until the ticket is resolved, whether or not the issue can be resolved by self or by other technical teams.
- Assist in the QA process for various systems and applications.
- Partner with IT technical support members to resolve application and server related issues.
- Partner with other IT members to produce the proper documentation and testing needed for the monthly/yearly audits.
- Partner with business stakeholders to ensure business services are performing as expected.
- Provide responsive technical assistance and document configuration and support processes.
- Create / Maintain application documentation that is user friendly, detailed and precise.
- 4+ years of Data Warehouse Production Support experience
- BS in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent combination of skills, experience and education.
- Experience with business intelligence software
- Thorough understanding of system and application development life cycle and large-scale software implementation methodologies
- Experience with scripting tools such as PowerShell a plus
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to document and present results of analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to work in cross functional/ matrix organizations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills by managing multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
- Must be available for some weekend and after-hours work as needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999680916022