Senior Data Analyst - Revenue Management
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst - Revenue Management to work out of our Corporate Office in Glendale, CA. The Senior Analyst will primarily support our Revenue Management and Marketing teams by using their analytical skills to gather, validate, and implement pricing strategies based on performance data. In addition will provide managerial reporting and trends for revenue performance. The position works closely with our team of internal analysts, external business partners, and our information technology group. The primary goal is to help us improve the revenue generating effectiveness of our consumer by translating complex and massive data sets into actionable insights and recommendations for senior management.
- The primary duty is assessing data from a variety of sources and using it to derive insights into pricing strategies and market trends. Uses a number of quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze competitor pricing, assess market trends, and track customer engagement in order to gain a complete picture of effective pricing strategies for the company.
- Develop and manage business intelligence solutions for department.
- Create graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data.
- Analyze business requirements and processes for recommendation and implementation
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions
- Work with other analysts to process large data to transform to usable information
- Present findings to senior management on various pricing strategies and recommendation for actionable strategies and techniques to drive sales and enhance marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Analytics, or Computer Science is required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years prior business analytics and data analysis experience
- Ability to generate ad-hoc data extracts from various databases using Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential
- Experience with one or more of the following tools/programs/languages:
- SQL and Excel proficient
- Tableau, Google Analytics 360, Google Adwords, Google BigQuery, Python
- Scheduling/Query tools such as SQL Server Management Studio
- Superior understanding of SQL and Database Modeling
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Self-starter with strong multi-tasking skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.