Senior Customer Service Manager
With more than 2,500 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Senior Manager, Customer Service, provides leadership, direction and ongoing management for a call-center-based Customer Service team, to provide a world-class customer experience. This individual will lead, inspire and ensure that the team achieves success in all key Customer Service metrics, develops customer service strategies to meet our customer’s issues, and provide consistency in all of our processes.
The Senior Manager will work with peers to identify areas of improvement and partner to solve problems. They will ensure that the team executes upon the vision of customer service via a strong focus on quality, customer care, efficiencies and the execution of processes.
This is a remote home-based position.
Designated Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the Customer Service team to successfully meet and exceed results in all Service Metrics; quality, employee relations, staffing, service levels, management development, training, process & procedures
- Create KPIs and a reporting package that tracks the performance of the Customer Service team; establish a reporting and KPI review cadence that you will lead.
- Analyze data to identify the highest value drivers to improve the customer experience and department efficiencies, present findings and recommendations to Call Center leadership. Help lead the architecture, implementation and project management of recommendations.
- Guide operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems/processes/business alignment to fix root causes.
- Serve as a thought leader and strategic planner in Customer Service, by keeping up to speed on the latest best practices and available tools, and proactively identifying, developing and driving the forward-looking strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple departments including Field Operations, IT, Marketing, and Finance to ensure alignment of company strategy and direction.
- Manage multiple high-value projects, ensuring that deliverables are on time and of the highest quality; bolster organizational alignment by identifying all relevant stakeholders, documenting requirements, and conducting robust user acceptance tests
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years in a management capacity with experience in remote management.
- 10+ Years of Customer Service Experience
- Contact center management experience in a related or similar environment with a customer satisfaction focus.
- Prior experience with CHAT / CHATBOT and OMIN Channel communication channels
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively partner with various levels of management.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Internet Explorer, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to work some holidays and weekends as required to fulfill business and operating plans.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines