Senior Accountant - Treasury & Cash Control
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an opportunity for a Treasury and Cash Control Senior Accountant to work out of our corporate office in Glendale, CA.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Reconcile bank account activity to point of sale data for each of our 2,500+ properties on a daily basis utilizing bank reconciliation software
- Reconcile high-volume bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Investigate and resolve reconciling items via journal entry, funds transfer, and/or adjustment of a customer’s account
- Coordinate with Software Development for the resolution of any recurring, systemic issues that cause reconciling items
- Review and approve daily customer ACH payment files to ensure effective processing of customer payments and upload files to bank
- Review and investigate potential fraudulent activity identified by bank to determine whether payment is legitimate; return unpaid all illegitimate activity
- Determine daily cash position and appropriate investment amounts for multiple corporate entities
- Process time-sensitive and often large-dollar payments and funds transfers via wire and ACH
- Review and approve cash position, investments, and wires/ACHs on a backup basis
- Load daily bank and point-of-sale data to bank reconciliation software and coordinate automated reconciliation
- Post month-end journal entries via extraction of data from bank reconciliation software
- Analyze bank and credit card processing fees to ensure accuracy of billing; identify and resolve billing errors
- Coordinate closely with banks, credit card processor, and Third Party Management to ensure that new properties are enabled to accept all forms of payment
- Perform special research, analysis, and projects as directed
- Bachelor's degree, Accounting or Finance, from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of accounting experience (large corporate or public accounting firm preferred)
- Previous experience as Senior Accountant preferred
- Cash management/treasury accounting experience and/or complex, multi-location bank reconciliation experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Able to perform well, meeting daily and monthly deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Works with careful attention to detail
- Driven to perform at 100% accuracy
- Proficiency with, and enjoyment of, detailed research and problem solving
- Able to balance recurring daily and monthly responsibilities with urgencies that arise day-to-day
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel (experience with complex spreadsheets is a plus)
- Experience with ReconNET and JD Edwards is a plus
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.