With more than 2,700 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking to add an experienced Scrum Master to our growing digital team! In this role you will partner with a product owner and engineering leads to manage execution and delivery for our various suite of back-office applications. The Scrum Master will guide the team towards improving the way they work by coordinating or facilitating Scrum event (i.e. Stand Up, Iteration Planning, Refinement Sessions, Retrospectives, and Planning events). You embody your servant-leader role by proactively identifying, escalating, and removing impediments, resolving outstanding questions related to dependences and helping the team stay on track. This critical role will assist in health team and cross-team communication, risk management, and relentless improvement.
- Proactively facilitate a decision-making, issue resolution, and consensus among the team members and dependent teams
- Work with the Development Team, Product Owner, and other team leaders to maintain the Product Backlog
- Manage and optimize the flow of value for your teams using various tools, such as Kanban’s and other information radiators
- Help teams leverage process flow and productivity metrics to improve how work is done and monitor and communicate variance from plan
- Protect the Sprint Backlog from scope creep
- Act as a liaison between stakeholders and teams to negotiate Sprint scope and communicate delivery status
- Facilitate Sprint Reviews, using outcome to work with product owner in updating the product backlog
- Facilitate Sprint Retrospectives and expedites plans for improvement
- Track increment planning
- Manage risks and have risk mitigation plans in place
- Support in compiling regular updates for Portfolio or Department partners, coordinate cross-organization demos, and assist in development projects as necessary (such as rolling out new tools and technologies to teams)
- 1-3 years of experience using Agile methods (Scrum, Kanban, XP, LESS, or SAFe)
- 5-8 years of experience in Software Product Development
- Certification from Scrum Alliance Inc., Scrum.org, or Scaled Agile is appreciated but, not required
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Highly adaptable in a fast-paced hyper-growth environment; able to thrive within ambiguity
- Listen and support teams in problem identification and decision-making
- Create an environment of mutual influence
- Understand and empathize with others
- Encourage and support the personal development of each individual and the development of teams
- Coach people with powerful questions rather than use authority
- Think beyond day-to-day activities
- Be open and appreciate openness in others.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.