Regional Human Resources Manager
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Regional Human Resources Manager directly supports Public Storage’s mission by working with leaders to align our teams under a common vision focused on employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and business results. The HRM is responsible for providing HR guidance and support to Public Storage’s Field Managers with a focus on employee relations. Leveraging climate surveys, exit interviews, investigations and coaching, this role will provide advice and counsel to leaders to ensure fair and consistent resolutions to employee relations issues and disciplinary actions.
- Serves as a credible resource for the business and balanced advocate for employees and the company
- Works with management and personnel to solve conflicts and help facilitate positive employee relations, maintain a good working environment, build morale, and decrease unwanted turnover
- Provides direction and coaching to managers regarding human resource topics including performance management issues such as poor performance and attendance management
- Manage risk during the performance management process by ensuring performance issues are documented properly by effectively reviewing and approving performance counseling and termination documents
- Assists management team in addressing employee relations concerns and conducting investigations to maintain a positive work environment while consistently balancing the needs of the employee and the needs of the business. Make decisions to resolve issues and support vital course of actions to drive positive outcomes.
- Assist in fact gathering and compilation of data related to complex investigations; compiling supporting notes, details and outcomes into the ER case management system
- Partners with HR Director and legal to ensure consistent application of company policies, procedures and practices; ensures company compliance with applicable employment laws
- Assists with critical incidents, ensuring smooth, professional, sensitive and timely follow-through
- Analyzes exit interview data, turnover and employee relations trends to proactively identify areas for targeted HR support and/or training
- Participates in the design and delivery of performance management and targeted employee relations training /communication as needed
- Proactively identifies opportunities for new HR programs, talent development, career pathing or process improvement; proposes solutions to improve HR practices
- Participates in ad-hoc projects, reporting, or initiatives with cross-functional teams
- Other activities as assigned
Base Pay Range: $90,000 - $120,000
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of our total awards approach to compensation which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses or incentives.
- Minimum 5-7 years of human resources management with an emphasis on employee relations or 3+ years of employee relations experience
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws including FMLA, EEO, ADA, FLSA, etc. required
- HR experience with multi-site/multi-state or retail a plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, act with a sense of urgency, and provide resolution quickly and efficiently
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to analyze HR issues, provide information/direction, effectively express ideas, advice and solutions both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) prior knowledge of Navex Global, Workday, and EthicsPoint a plus
- B.A. Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build trust, maximize relationships, and interact with all levels, from hourly employees to senior management
- Trustworthy HR professional with the ability to handle and maintain a high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive employee information
- Analytical skills, including the ability to develop, manage and interpret metrics
- The ability to recognize opportunities and assess risks before they become trends
- Highly organized, good planning, time management and prioritization with the ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities with deadlines
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 53147a7e-d3c7-4c6e-b7b6-46183c60a51a