Regional Human Resources Business Partner
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for a Sr Regional HR Business Partner based out of our regional office in Deerfield Beach, FL. The Sr Regional HR Business Partner drives our mission by working with leaders to align our teams under a common vision focused on employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and business results. The Regional Sr HRBP will partner with divisional presidents and their field management teams and is responsible for developing and applying strategies, plans, policies, and programs for Public Storage in the areas of workforce planning, talent management, succession planning, recruitment, performance management, escalated employee relations matters, compensation, retention and engagement for Field Operations.
- Serves as a credible leader in the business and balanced advocate for employees
- Drives key people-related change management communication and change initiatives to field teams; assesses and reinforces adoption of company key initiatives.
- Maintains a presence in the field to assist in identifying team dynamics and employee engagement opportunities; brings leaders creative solutions and develops meaningful action plans to optimize the work environment.
- Assists management team in identifying and proactively addressing employee relations trends to promote and maintain a positive work environment while consistently balancing the needs of the employee and the needs of the business. Investigates and responds to more complex employee issues to drive resolution. Mediates & provides coaching and/or HR training when applicable. Prepares documentation and reports on investigative activities.
- Partners with HR colleagues and leaders to ensure consistency in the application of company policies, procedures and practices. Ensures that the company complies with applicable employment laws.
- Provides guidance in implementing and communicating compliance, compensation, and benefit policies throughout the divisions.
- Conducts research, analyzes data and prepares reports as needed to support human resources initiatives and federal, state or local legally mandated reporting requirements.
- Interprets HR metrics and survey data & extract key trends to develop targeted solutions related to the employee experience.
- Analyzes local turnover trends & works with leaders to define customized action-oriented plans.
- Drives talent management and development in support of the company’s internal career path philosophy; supports leaders with succession planning calibrations; participate in the bi-annual talent review meetings.
- Works with field management team to ensure that the recruiting effort, the on-boarding process and the identification and promotion of internal management candidates is executed and maintained to company standard.
- Participates in the design and implementation of programs that build employee engagement.
- Acts as liaison between the field organization and HR COEs for training, benefits, compliance, workers comp, LOAs and employee relations needs.
- Assists with critical incidents, ensuring smooth, professional, sensitive and timely follow-through.
- Minimum 8-10 years of human resources management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of all the disciplines of human resources
- Working knowledge of employment law including FMLA, EEO, ADA, FLSA, etc. required
- HR experience with multi-site/multi-state or retail is required
- Degree(s) in Business Administration, Organization Development, Human Resources or other related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, and provide resolution quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to analyze HR issues, provide information/direction, effectively express ideas, advice and solutions both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Proficiency utilizing HR technology and systems - HRIS, ATS, LMS, etc
- Up to 30% travel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business and customer-focused mindset
- Strong analytical skills, including proven ability to develop, manage and interpret metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build trust, maximize relationships, and interact with all levels, from hourly employees to senior management
- Trustworthy HR professional with the ability to handle and maintain a high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive employee information
- The ability to recognize opportunities and assess risks before they become trends
- Highly organized, good planning, time management and prioritization with the ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities and deadlines
- Leader with strength in coaching and development for individuals and teams
- Personal flexibility and comfort in handling change and aligning others to change
- Self-aware and connected with own personal working style and habits
- Growth mindset orientation and ability to be agile and embrace change
Public Storage offers competitive base and bonus, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSA's for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.