Property Tax Analyst
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Property Tax Analyst to join our Tax Department in Glendale, CA. This role will be based out of our corporate office on a flexible hybrid schedule.
- Tangible Personal Property Tax (TPP) Reporting. Includes managing TPP audits, reviewing assessments and filing assessment appeals if required.
- Research County and State laws to reduce tax assessments and meet filing requirements.
- Comply with audit requests by providing documents and reports to auditors.
- File Excess Proceeds returns with various states and counties.
- Open new projects for the Property Tax Department.
- Analyze monthly balances of property tax accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Enter journal entries to complete analyses.
- Support and cross train with others in the department.
- Communicate with other departments and tax jurisdiction to resolve issues.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from a 4-year university.
- 2 Years related experience and/or training.
- Understanding of financial statements and knowledge of Real Estate terminology.
- Strong computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word/Excel).
- Demonstrated analytical, math and reasoning skills.
- OneSource Property Tax experience desired.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.