Property Care Specialist, Maintenance
$13.00 Hourly Rate + Bonus Potential
Join the industry leader! Public Storage has been leading the self-storage industry since 1972 and we are Hiring Now!
Public Storage was recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
As a member of the Property Care Specialist Team, you will work independently at multiple properties, both indoors and outdoors, to maintain property appearance and provide light repairs/maintenance of assigned properties. This position requires a strong background in facility cleanliness and light maintenance including minor mechanical repair knowledge that requires tool/equipment operation skills (i.e., power tools, golf carts, lawn mowers, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain cleanliness of properties and conduct daily storage unit inspections, confirm rental unit inventory availability, maintain cleanliness of vacant units to ensure spaces are ready to rent which involves (but not limited to):
- Sweeping/mopping floors, picking up trash and other debris on the property
- Spraying with insecticide, place mouse pack in units
- Greasing oil springs and door tracks
- Replacing rubber gaskets on bottom of self-storage doors, latches that are rusted or damaged, pull ropes and light bulbs as needed
- Removing cobwebs from buildings and outside of unit doors
- Pulling weeds growing along buildings and in flower beds
- Maintaining cleanliness of outside restrooms
- Cleaning fixtures with disinfectant
- Check property mailboxes and process mail
- Process Bank Deposits & Petty Cash
- Stock supplies (soap, toilet tissue, paper towels)
- Report maintenance needs, safety concerns, and equipment issues electronically to your manager
- Maintain cleanliness and operability of golf carts
- Maintain all equipment in good working condition
- Repair minor leaks in plumbing
- Perform customer lock cuts upon request
- Keep up the maintenance of rental truck
- Understand and comply with safety policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and converse with employees, move/traverse, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms for extended periods of time. The worker may be required to operate in close quarters, crawl spaces, small rooms, and narrow aisles and passageways
- To effectively perform the essential functions of this role, the employee will be required to meet the physical demands of this position, take notes, record resources, carry the necessary equipment; and other physical duties as directed by the supervisor and/or the Manager
- This position requires the ability to stand and lift boxes, tools, and other materials as needed of up to 50 pounds, and possess the visual acuity required to accurately observe and describe maintenance related issues. This position also requires standing for long periods of time (approximately 3-8 hours daily)
? The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee may be exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat, as well as possible wind, rain, snow, hail, etc.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, such as chemicals, animals, insects, poisonous plants, construction, heavy machinery, and noisy environments, driving and working in adverse weather conditions. These require following basic safety precautions.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) needed to mitigate or eliminate these hazards will be provided to all employees
- All employees will be trained on the appropriate use of such PPE
QUALIFICATIONS /EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Successful candidates may have prior custodial and general maintenance/repair abilities or similar experience
- Self-starter attitude and strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Act with personal integrity and comply with policies
- Willingness to drive to and work in multiple locations, indoors, and outdoors in varying weather.
- Flexible in scheduling, available based on business needs
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check and possess a clean driving record as local travel is a key component of the job so reliable transportation is required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
? Valid and current driver’s license with reliable personal transportation used during the work day
We owe our success to our driven and talented teams across all levels of our organization; from our Property Managers who interact with our customers every day to our District Managers who strive to ensure each member of their team is trained for success. Every team-member contributes to our success and is part of the reason we continue to grow and be the industry leader. And we appreciate each and every one of our 5,000 plus team members who come from all different races, backgrounds, and life experiences. We celebrate inclusion and value the diversity that each person brings to Public Storage. We welcome everyone to apply and hope to have you join our thriving community today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 52512301-c8d8-4f0d-bdf2-476b427eb5d8