Property & Casual Claims Manager
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Property & Casualty Claims Manager to be based out of our corporate office in Glendale, CA reporting to the Senior Vice President of Risk Management.
The Property & Casualty Claims Manager manages the insurance claims process for corporate-wide property, casualty, and automobile liability and other related insurance plans. The selected candidate will foster and maintain relationships with third party administrators (TPA); develop, train and monitor internal claims handling policies and procedures; develop monthly reports to management; review contracts and certificates of insurance for compliance; and manage staff of up to two employees.
Essential Duties & Responsiblities
- Administer and supervise the claims functions of the risk management program for the Company including corporate-wide property, casualty, automobile liability and other corporate risks, to ensure effective and timely claims processing.
- Daily review of all incidents occurring on company premises to determine appropriate response.
- Report applicable claims to TPA and work closely with TPA until resolution.
- Review appropriateness of reserve levels.
- Follow up for information required from field to adjust claim.
- Track property and liability losses against TPA loss runs, provide monthly reports and updates on open claims.
- Develop guidelines and procedures for incident reporting and claims handling.
- Approve payments and denials to claimants.
- Monitor service provided by TPA.
- Oversee annual issuance of certificates of insurance by broker.
- Review lease and loan documents for insurance requirements and order necessary Certificates of Insurance.
- Review vendor certificates of insurance for compliance with Master Service Agreements.
- Coordinate and participate in bi-annual Claims Review Meetings.
- Work with Legal Department on litigated claims and provide with appropriate documentation as required.
- Review Legal Litigation Payment Logs and Invoices Monthly and provide to TPA for Logging.
- Coordinate with Facilities and Manage process for Vendor related tenant claims.
- Supervise Subrogation Claims Adjuster - review and analyze claims with adjuster, maintain Subrogation logs and prepare reports for management.
- Support to DMs, RMs, RVPs and field personnel with training and support of claims handling process and procedure.
- Prepare and analyze reports on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Evaluate trends to support loss prevention.
- Attend monthly P&L Meeting.
- Review TPA and other vendor billings for accuracy.
- A Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 year's experience in claims handling and processing is a must.
- Prior claims supervisory experience required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge and understanding of claims handling processes and procedures
- Ability to assess the terms and conditions of policies and agreements
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient on Microsoft Office using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to organize and establish priorities
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Ability to evaluate data for current trends and apply trends to loss prevention
- Ability to deal with a diverse group of people
- Ability to be self-motivated
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999693392282