With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Project Manager engages directly with business sponsors, business analysts, IT governance, enterprise architects, resource managers, and vendors to ensure the successful delivery of technology based initiatives.
This individual must function in a dynamically changing environment, in which people flow in and out of the loop depending on project phase, and where processes shift and change, technologies' importance to the task rises and falls, and business rules are subject to change and interpretation.
This individual will also assist with the software change and release management processes. This requires driving on time, high quality deployments to multiple environments through production release, while working with cross-functional teams. In addition, she/he will assist in the definition and maturation of processes to optimize efficiency and quality.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform other job related duties requested by the VP, Application Development.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Planning and defining the overall scope
- Facilitating development of a business case
- Detailed activity planning and task sequencing
- Resource planning
- Schedule development
- Timeline estimating
- Cost estimating
- Budget development across fiscal periods
- Project documentation
- Risk analysis
- Monitoring and reporting progress
- Team leadership via influence
- Vendor management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Business Administration, a similar technical discipline or comparable experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred.
- 5+ years' experience managing a medium scale projects with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality
- Ability to identify solution requirements to the level necessary for planning and scheduling project team member’s work
- Working closely and collaboratively with business and technical experts, the ability to estimate project effort and prioritize trade-offs between on time, on scope, or on budget delivery
- Skilled in project risk assessment, monitoring, and mitigation planning.
- Background with project management processes, techniques and tools.
- Familiarity with, and demonstrated understanding of, the general enterprise business and technical architectures
- Experience in facilitating change
- Able to debate effectively for or against project changes, continuation or cancellation, as appropriate
- Proven internal and external influencing skills
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Project and Excel
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.