Project Manager - Real Estate Acquisition
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking for a Project manager that will be responsible for managing the complete life cycle of projects for our Real Estate Acquisition team, including approval, planning, execution, and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time. They will develop and stay within budgets, timelines, and ensure progress to plan, as well as tracks critical project achievements and milestones. They will work with vendors and internal teams to establish and meet timelines.
- Acts as a primary source of contact for project status. Maintains communication with all stakeholders.
- Manage and execute the overall project scope, budget, and timelines. Identify project success factors for analysis, reporting, and tracking.
- Manage assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintaining overall project ownership.
- Develop detailed project plan to track progress and major milestone timelines
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes to the projects scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using internal system and techniques
- Develop business processes to ensure we manage resources, budgets, risks, and changes.
- Provides overall prioritization and director of work assignments, team resources, etc. Monitor and creates project deliverables.
- Manages project status and information in the form of formal briefings, client driven systems, project update meetings, and use of current internal system
- Other duties to be added as deemed necessary
- At least 5 years project management experience, preferable within commercial real estate or property management.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred or equivalent experience.
- In-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in managing projects in a volume environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed: ability to set and accomplish personal and corporate goals.
- Advanced Experience: Work, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to use learn and use new software.
- Candidate must have excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, follow-up, planning and organizational skills
- Strong presentation, and interpersonal capability, both internal and external
- Possesses great people skills with the ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to keep stakeholders informed
- Knowledge of property operations, including maintenance and insurance a plus
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.