With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage currently has an excellent opportunity for a Project Architect based in Glendale, CA. This Project Architect will report to the Director of Architecture & Design, as the point person for storage space-planning and rebranding for the real estate team.
The successful candidate will prepare efficient and cost-effective retail & storage layouts to achieve business targets. This candidate will work closely with consultants and internal partners to lead proposed designs through team approvals for project implementation. The Project Architect will also be responsible for maintaining brand storage standards and specifications.
- Partner with Development and Financial teams to define business criteria that maximize potential yields for both new and redevelopment projects.
- Partner with the Site Design Architect to define site plans that optimize potential storage layouts.
- Prepare efficient interior retail and storage floor plans that meet brand standards.
- Prepare floor plans that minimize construction costs based on company construction standards.
- Coordinate internal team input on proposed plans and present to Real Estate Sr Vice President for brand approval.
- Review and approve construction documents for compliance with approved layouts.
- Partner with Development Manager(s) to review existing property layouts and propose storage remodel solutions.
- Develop and manage multiple projects during different development phases, including schematic site planning, conceptual rebranding, storage layout options, construction documents and permit approvals.
- Work closely with all internal construction and facilities personnel and with operational field personnel for storage remodel opportunities.
- Maintain and update the Company’s storage standards for team alignment and use
- Has the depth and potential to cross train in other facets of the design process including but not limited to brand signage, exterior elevations and conceptual site plan development.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or Building Science is required. Master’s degree nice to have.
- A minimum of 3 years of direct architectural or engineering experience in space-planning design and/or retail design.
- A minimum of 3 years of leading and managing consultants and participating on high-performing, cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated high degree of self-motivation, integrity and success in past endeavors.
- Demonstrated successes in space-planning, design efficiencies and understanding of customer behaviors.
- Strong project management skills across multiple assignments with focus on execution and delivering results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Suite required. BlueBeam, Revit and eBuilder or similar project management software a bonus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.