Project Architect - Asset Management
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage currently has an excellent opportunity for a Asset Management Project Architect based in Glendale, CA. We are looking for a self-motivated, "can do" attitude individual who prefers to interact more on the project management/construction administration side of things.
The successful candidate will primarily review & prepare cost-effective recommendations for which will both enhance our customer experience and optimize operations through our Property of Tomorrow program. This candidate will work closely with our Property of Tomorrow Asset Management Team including external consultants, general contractors and internal partners to develop proposed designs through team approvals and follow through until construction completion.
- Partner with Facilities and Operations teams in order to deliver our Property of Tomorrow strategy across the portfolio.
- Partner with the lead Project Architect to define office plans that enhances customer engagement and optimize day-to-day operations.
- Review vendor floor plans to ensure all design criteria is properly documented for construction.
- Evaluate existing conditions & prepare floor plans that minimize construction costs based on company construction standards.
- Coordinate internal team input on proposed interior plans and present to Sr. Project Architects, Vice President of Asset Management, and President of Asset Management.
- Review, coordinate, and approve vendor construction documents for compliance with approved layouts.
- Develop and manage multiple projects during different development phases, including conceptual design, construction documents, permit approvals and as-built confirmation.
- Anticipate potential constructability issues and provide constructability feedback early during the planning phase and during construction.
- Work closely with all internal facilities personnel and with Operational field personnel for storage remodel opportunities.
- Identify & prepare potential rentable space opportunities and partner with Sr. Architect of Space Planning as needed.
- Maintain and update the Company’s office standards for team alignment and use.
- Has the depth and potential to cross train in other facets of the design process including but not limited to brand signage, exterior elevations, and interior rental space planning.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or Building Science is required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of direct architectural or engineering experience in space-planning design and/or retail design.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of project management and/or construction administration.
- Demonstrated high degree of self-motivation, integrity, and success in past endeavors.
- Demonstrated successes in project management and understanding of customer behaviors.
- Strong construction document and construction acumen.
- Strong project management skills across multiple assignments with focus on execution and delivering results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Suite required. BlueBeam, Revit and eBuilder or similar project management software a bonus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.