Program Manager - Transformation
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking for a Program Manager with experience managing multiple large enterprise cross-functional projects, to join our corporate team in Glendale, CA. The Program Manager will lead projects in a matrix environment and manage all aspects of the project life cycle.
The Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing one or more large, highly complex and/or high impact programs (complex initiatives with extended durations and/or value streams), with responsibility and accountability for the delivery of the program
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Overseeing the program(s) strategic plan, monitoring and adapting as needed
- Driving business, IT, and product management alignment on vision, roadmap, and priorities of the program
- Preparing project charters and developing detailed project plans including detailed scope statements, schedules/milestones, budget estimates and baselines, resource plans, and success criteria
- Leading the preparation of cost estimates for all phases of the project; tracking and reporting adjustments and deviations to plan; partnering with IT finance to report on forecasts and review incurred expenses
- Driving the business requirements process and participating in their collection and definition
- Providing leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Participating in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Identifying, tracking, and resolving issues and risks; preparing mitigation strategies and recommending alternatives
- Managing through indirect reporting relationships in a matrixed environment
Base Pay Range: $140,000 - $160,000
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of our total awards approach to compensation which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses or incentives.
- 8+ years’ experience in program management, especially leading larger initiatives (> $1M) with a sizable business impact component, focused on achieving business results with technology
- Strategic thinking along with proven ability to orchestrate and execute complex deliverables across a multi-site geographic landscape
- Capable of leading initiatives at the project detail level as well as contributing to strategic program planning activities
- A strong background and experience leading programs / projects with significant business operations impacts using different technologies and methodologies
- Experience implementing technology change across large multisite retail / banking / storage / c-store / car rental / grocery store or similar landscapes
- Proficient in detailed financial representation of program budgets in multiple stages of planning and execution
- Able to adapt rapidly to changing business demands and company direction
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment without significant direction from leadership
- Has experience presenting program / project status at executive levels
- Proficient in negotiation and managing stakeholder expectations; managing conflict
- Understands estimating techniques and can apply them at varying depths of detail and confidence levels
- Possesses emotional intelligence and influencing skills
- Proficiency with related project management tools
- Bachelor’s degree required; masters preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Decisive decision maker with strong organizational, critical thinking and strategic planning skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with enterprise project management
- Business process management experience
- PMP or other project management certification preferred
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to solicit participation and input from others
- Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to roll up your sleeves
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.