With more than 2,500 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist to join our team at our corporate office in Glendale, CA. The Procurement Specialist performs corporate purchasing, vendor management, negotiate contracts, and coordinates purchasing, quoting and bidding for goods and services in support of program operations. The procurement specialist should be experienced in managing and resolving a wide range of multiple projects.
- Creates, edits and otherwise manages workflow through carefully controlled purchasing accounts for Field personnel for Grainger, Staples, Aramark, Toners Plus, etc.
- Negotiates and executes contract terms and conditions with suppliers classified in category
- Leads sourcing activity across all categories as required
- Review and recommend process improvement for purchasing group
- Prepares, negotiates, analyzes and administers contracts with suppliers; should be familiar with standard contract language and applicable uses; and assists in the preparation of contract specifications
- Develops positive relationships with vendors and suppliers, reviews costs, negotiates to get the lowest possible prices and resolves price disputes
- Manages contract items for Grainger and Staples by researching lower cost items, identifying and adding newly requested items and replacing discontinued items.
- Makes special purchases outside of approved contract items at the direction of the Corporate Services Manager, Chief Operating Officers and Divisional Managers.
- Manage, track and develop reports on exception purchasing.
- Covers for Corporate Services Coordinator as needed.
- Performs general Corporate Services duties such as trouble shooting conference room media, receiving deliveries, mailroom and coordinating various office repairs.
- Orders and stocks supplies as needed.
- Performs password resets as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of purchasing and accounting experience required
- Project management experience
- Solid Negotiation skills
- Prior vendor management
- Skilled problem solving and decision making.
- Detail oriented, able to accurately interpret information.
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Excel proficiency required.
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.