With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an great opportunity within our Human Resources Department for a Payroll Coordinator to be based out of our corporate offices in Glendale, CA. The Payroll Coordinator will demonstrate commitment to excellence, strong work ethics and high ethical standards. Also must have solid knowledge of timekeeping, payroll processing, wage and hour laws and scheduling with the proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management. Keep reading to learn how you can join our Payroll Team at Public Storage.
Primary responsibilities may include but will not be limited to any of the following:
- Process all pay related paperwork including time sheets and check requests
- Balance timecard pay batch totals from the time and attendance system to the payroll system
- Run payroll reports and review any discrepancies prior to the completion of payroll
- Ensure that the calculation of withholding and other employee deductions is accurate.
- Prepare and process garnishments, support orders and tax levies
- Handle heavy call volume on inquiries from the field operations team
- Process adjustments related to quarter-to-date or year-to-date information
- Prepare all information/adjustments needed for W-2 processing and issuance
- Process final checks for terminated employees
- Audit payroll register
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related duties and/or special projects as needed.
- A minimum of 4 years payroll experience in field automated payroll is required
- Proficiency with Excel and MS Word required
- Knowledge of Workbrain and/or Workday is a plus
- AA degree in accounting or business is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Impeccable accuracy and attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize work and meet frequent deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information handled
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision
- 10 key by touch required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.