Public Storage is currently hiring a Network Administrator to be based out of the corporate office in Glendale, California. The Network Administrator will be responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of network communications. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Test and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
The Network Administrator will design voice and data communication systems, supervise installation of these systems, and provide maintenance and service to clients after installation. Support and assist in day-to-day operations and administration of networks, security systems and Windows environment. Define and document user requirements, design/recommend network solutions, and coordinate their implementation. Perform activities to complete service requests and resolve problems as directed including hardware and software installations and respond to user support requests.
- Assist in managing the corporate network infrastructure.
- Assist in administering and maintaining the Company’s Wide Area Network and DR Site.
- Administer and maintain VoIP telephone systems.
- Administer and maintain security systems.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, upgrade, and monitor performance of network components.
- Supports network and related hardware, software and infrastructure such as servers, printers, hubs, switches and routers.
- Create network user and/or object accounts.
- Secure and monitor network following established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of network documentation.
- Resolve and escalate network problems.
- Establish connectivity to new nodes.
- Support network functions, including applying patches, installing operating system revisions, maintaining, repairing, upgrading hardware and generating reports.
- Performing testing of applications in various stages of development.
- Provide end user support.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Network Administrator role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CCNA certificate
- Understands the issues involved with administering and maintaining a multi-site corporate infrastructure (LAN/WAN-DR)
- Broad knowledge of network devices and firewalls. (Cisco, Netscreen, Juniper, Symantec, Blue Coat, Alertlogic).
- Experience with technologies: IP routing, DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Wifi, MDM.
- Cloud Services experience like AZURE, AWS, or similar
- Understanding of best practices in network architecture, security design and ability to create detailed documentation and procedures.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.